Sunday, January 2, 2022

First finish of 2022

 What a wonderful day I had in the studio! New Years day was spent sewing and fondling my fabric. I finished the scrap quilt, hand sewing the binding during a marathon of Columbo episodes on the tube. It's a happy quilt, and we need some happy these days.

Here it is, quilted and binding sewn on. I finished the hand sewing in the evening.

Panto: Jetty. I'm still trying to conquer the sizing part of computer panto set up.
Still too big!!

The backing is a cute 30s reproduction. I think they look like Pez, the candy!

We were supposed to have a whopper of a storm last night, but it turned out to be just rain and some wind. Mr Wazoo put my car under the deck for safety because the garage is full of the boxes and bins for all the Christmas decorations. They belong in the closet under the stairs, but it is an ordeal to get them out, and back in! Bless his heart, Mr W did it all this year. Now that my back is getting better, I'll be able to help with the take down and storage bit.

This was the sky at 5:30 when I quit for the day. 

Today, I will be prepping fabric for the first block of the BOM on the Quilt Show. I've watched all the videos and read the instructions, making a disaster of the studio by pulling piles of fabrics from the stash. There is no better balm for the Covid blues than fondling fabric and wallowing in all those bright colors! I'm rejuvenated and ready for the challenging appliqué ahead. Bring it on!
I am also ready to start quilting for customers again. I'm going to start slowly...maybe one quilt a day, until my back tells me it can handle the work. So far, I can do a small quilt in a day, so bigger ones will take longer than usual. At least I can do it! Yippee!!
Off to the studio, and more quilting in 2022.


1 comment:

  1. Happy new year! Such a colourful quilts . May your year be as pretty and colourful!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.