Sunday, March 20, 2022

Another week, shot to hell

 Between physical therapy and recovering from physical therapy, I have been slowed to a crawl with my quilting! I am so looking forward to having a funday-Sunday...mostly doing paperwork and catching up with this blog and my block of the month ( yup, I am now two months behind...)

Yesterday there was NO quilting at all! I was at the table, struggling to understand the taxes. It took all day, but the taxes are done and sent (electronically...OoOOo!) both Federal and state. I am amazed that this year we will get a refund! Only because I dutifully sent the quarterlies, and then, didn't work for eight months. We get back the exact amount of the money I sent! Also, I added, added and added again to be sure the numbers were correct when the amount I made was EXACTLY the amount of my deductions! Haw did that happen? Oh well, it did, and I am moving on.

I did get some work done this week, despite being crippled by back pain. First, I'll catch you up on my own stuff.

Early on in the week, I sewed all the rows together on the Lonni Rossi quilt top.

I decided a small gold inner border was needed before adding the red border

With this border, I think it looks very opulent. I love it!

All quilted!

Panto: Asian leaves (ginko leaves)

I found this wide backing in Cumming and fell in love with it. 

I liked it so much, I switched my preference from sweet 30s fabrics to the backing fabric for the guild mystery quilt! These are the first blocks in the mystery.

Between computerized row sewing, I cut and sewed a 2-3-2-6 charity quilt for a kid.

I did a loose meander on this one.
I have loads of kid fabrics in my stash and need to use them!

I also made this cheerful 2-3-2-6 quilt from fabrics purchased at the Hiawassee shop's sale.

The panto is called Inkblot Flowers. It is a thread eating panto! I'll think twice before using it again.

I got this wonderful polka dot/stripe fabric in Cumming, as well.

On the customer quilt front, there was very little progress. That's okay, because I have very few customer quilts to do!

Grunge fabric is so lovely and saturated in color! This escalator quilt is wonderful!

Panto: Geometric flowers

The backing the customer found is perfect for the colors on the top!

Same customer, different quilt! This is a great pattern. I bought this pattern, but haven't made one yet.

I'm not pleased with the quilting. I had another pattern going, but after three rows, it began to overlap the row before it. I laboriously picked out the three rows and picked a better pattern. When I started quilting, I realized the pattern was a little too big for the quilt. I just couldn't bring myself to pick out another row, so I continued on and finished the quilt.

Panto: Bubbles. Big bubbles...

This is a baby quilt that needed to be done ASAP. It is all flannel and very soft.

Panto: Grandma loves me. Duh...it actually says " Grandma loves me" with a heart after the sentiment.

Flannel back, too.

Well, I've been here long enough! Its time to get to the studio and have my funday-Sunday!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.