Friday, March 25, 2022

First set of diagnostic shots done...back to quilting!

The first set of 6 diagnostic shots in my back were done on Tuesday, and I am back to having pain after the brief reprieve of 12 hours pain free. There is a second set, tweaking the positioning of the shots, then the third set of six to do the ablation. Yes, it hurts, but it is over in 15 minutes and I get to have a night without having to cook afterward. A fair trade-off.

Back in the studio, I am carrying on with the remaining customer quilts before closing down Wazoo as a business. I have been thinking about this for a long time, and think it's time to retire. I have been quilting for other people 7 days a week for the past 16 years, and I am ready to take a break and do a lot of sewing for myself and my charitable endeavors. I will still quilt like a mad woman, but will be doing what I want to do and what makes me happy. The blog will go on until I think there is nothing fun to report!

I finished the huge Christmas quilt for the customer who originally had a  too small backing. She replaced it this week, and I loaded it right away.

This will be a lovely holiday display in some lucky person's bedroom!

Panto: Holly Berries

The green backing shows off the quilting well.

While I quilted that project, I cut and sewed a charity quilt from fabric I got in Texas at Hobby Lobby.

My favorite, quick-sew pattern, but with only one frame fabric.I love how all these quilts look different depending on the placement of the coordinating fabrics.

The focus fabric has a nautical theme. I used a tone on tone for the frames, and a check homespun for the center strip. I hope to get this quilted and bound over the weekend.

On the back porch, the pansies have rallied back following the freezing blast we recently had. Mr W planted these early in the Fall, and they have provided a burst of color for the Fall and Winter. We replace them with geraniums for the summer.

I think the centers look like bows. So pretty!!
Off to work! See you all later,






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.