Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Nose to the grindstone!

Not many pictures today. I spent the day in the studio prepping clothing items for a customer memory quilt. There are a few tee shirts and a bunch of unrelated tops and dresses. The customer's daughter passed away and she wants a small quilt for her granddaughter to remember her mother by, as well as a doll quilt for the little girl's dolly. A really sad story. I guess Travis Tritt was the daughter's favorite, so his tee shirt (with his signature on it!) was requested for the middle of the front. It will be two sided, so there will be another quilt on the back. I hope to get the front finished tomorrow, and then tackle the back-quilt and the doll quilt.

The first three rows and the side rows next to the picture are also sewn. I'll sew in Travis and finish the last four rows tomorrow. Then I'm on to the back.
I added some bears to my challenge quilt.

Every Georgia mountain quilt needs bears!
A couple of days ago my Wisconsin friends and former classmates got together for lunch and sent me a photo. I wish I could have been there (especially since they met at Culvers!!) and shared in the fun. I was working (of course) and sent off my picture via text to join them. I'm thinking I need a road trip to see my friends and family in Wisconsin...

This is a wonderful group of people!
I was in the studio, quilting and thinking of them.
Back to work tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.