Saturday, August 3, 2019

I hope they don't get any bigger!

Today I quilted one quilt. I started loading it at 11:45 and unloaded and trimmed it at 6:10pm. It was that big. Wow. Fortunately, it was pretty square and three out of four borders flat. Because I have the Millie, I was able to do some machine applique at the Bernina while computerized machine chugged along on the giant quilt's rows. It turned out nice, and someone will be kept really warm at night! The batting was a thick cotton, and the quilt weighs a ton.

I have to applaud the quilter for the amount of piecing she did on this project.

It didn't all fit in the straight-on photo, so I took a profile, too!

Panto: Woven Wind

The best part for me were the Minions on the back!!
Mr Wazoo stayed inside most of the day quilting a QOV for me. He thought it was supposed to rain again, so he opted to quilt.

Once again, he took a wonky picture. It is a lovely quilt, but the photo was taken with it upside down. This quilt was also made by the quilter who made the giant quilt I did today!

Patriotic backing

Panto: Square Spiral

I remembered to take the panto and backing shots of the memory quilts. They are going home next week.

The bigger quilt (with Travis Tritt) got the panto Twinkling Swirls.

The doll quilt was a quick meander.

Here are the cute birds I used on the back.
Tomorrow we get the house in order, take Molly for an overnight with Winkie, and prepare for the speed trip to Southern Pines, North Carolina. We'll see Tim's sister and her family as well as the many people his mother touched during her 30 years teaching at the same Christian school. I was lucky enough to work in the classroom next to Pam for seven years before going off to nursing school and my whole new life adventure. I met Mr Wazoo after I had already been friends with his Mom those seven years. We've been married for almost 38 years now, and I have been so thankful to have Pam as my mother-in-law. We will miss her; but she is joyfully singing with the heavenly chorus now.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.