Wednesday, April 22, 2020

A little bit of quilting


I have been busy in the studio, but I'm taking a break for lunch and thought I would catch you up on what's happening. Yesterday I quilted two customer quilts and worked on my citron quilt a bit.

I had to sew the backing for this bed runner before starting the quilting. Once again, a too small  back required some artistic finagling. Once quilted, I also made and applied the binding.

I used the panto: rounded squares, and think it looks really nice.

The customer provided this batik, so I used some black solid to fix the backing.

This is what I decided to do.

This quilt featured an oriental theme. 

I used a panto called Willow the Wisp that looks like Japanese style clouds.

The backing was this interesting combination  of batiks.
Here is where I left off on Sunday with the citron quilt.
By noon yesterday, I had these rows done
By six o'clock, I had another row done.
This much left to do. I can only sew in short spurts because I am also doing longarm quilting at the same time.  It is like a little choreographed dance!
Oh yeah,  this is the latest addition to my studio. A giant, ugly Radon mitigation pipe. And a big hole in the ceiling. The guy put it right next to the big, ugly water filter tank. At least it is in the bathroom and not out in the public area.
If the blue line ever equalizes itself, we have to call and have it looked at. Because I am the one most exposed to the Radon, I guess I'm okay with this eyesore.
It just fits between the dog bathing station and the water tank.
The yard looked so lovely this morning. It sure pays to be married to a yard-man!
New blooms! Tickseed.
Pretty pinks.
Honeysuckle.

I had better get back to work!  I'll show you what I did today  in my next post.
Stay calm and quilt on!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.