Thursday, April 23, 2020

More quilting, more bad weather

Last night tornadoes went through the states west of us again. Weatherman says the bad weather is coming here, too. We battened down the chimes, flag and deck furniture and went to work in the studio and man cave. So far, we have had some violent wind and spotty rain showers. I hope that will be all there is!
Yesterday, I finished up a couple of quilts and did one block from the citron quilt. I have been working on it again this morning, and am now taking my break for some lunch.

This is the customer's first quilt! I love it, and she did a really nice job of keeping it square and flat.

The panto is Butterfly swirl, one of the customer favorites lately.

Interesting back.

I started the border on the colorful quilt.

I mimic the appliqué to start, and will fill the background later

I am using dark purple thread. It looks better than black, and is easier for me to see where I'm going!

This is what I am using for my plan.


Molly keeps an eye on things when she isn't laying on the batting.
Time to go back to work. I only have one row to go on the citron quilt. Maybe I'll get the borders on, too. I finished the aboriginal quilt just before lunch, so I'll get some pictures and show you that later. I'm hoofing it down to the studio before it starts raining again!

1 comment:

  1. those on Easter Sunday hit right below our house but was going east so missed us

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.