Thursday, April 23, 2020

Frustrating afternoon, rainy night

Well, after lunch I returned to the studio and loaded the next quilt. The machine went haywire and quilted a jerky mess. It took me about an hour and a half to pick it out. I don't know how much more I can take with APQS. Did I mention I hate this machine? Yes? Okay. Mr Wazoo says he'll look into it tomorrow.
I got the last blocks done and sewn onto the citron flimsy. Now I need to work out if I want a border or not. I auditioned many fabrics but I'm not in love with any of them. There is one batik I like, but I only have a yard of it which would make for a narrow  border. That would look stupid on a quilt this size. I'm going to sleep on it and decide in the morning.

The aboriginal quilt is done.

All the fabrics are so colorful and interesting!

Panto: African Storm

Citron quilt sewn and waiting for me to make up my mind what to do next 

This is the batik I like but don't have enough of.

I could just stop here. 

And then this. It looks like a three year old did this quilting! Oh no, it was done by a $10,000 computer!! **sigh...**
At 6:00, Molly and I walked upstairs and just missed being soaked by another downpour. All evening we have had blasts of heavy rain followed by wind. The power went off  for a bit (just enough to make me have to re-set all the digital appliance clocks) and gave the generator a brief workout. It is quiet now, so I think sleeping will be okay. I'll say good night and show you the sky before the storm. Tomorrow has to be better.

The good thing is, it is still light at 6 pm.

Here comes the rain!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.