Thursday, August 13, 2020

A very busy day

 Wow! Yesterday was busy here at Wazoo. There were several visitors (all wearing masks) to pick up or drop off quilts, and my friend Audrey here quilting away in the man cave. It was nice to have someone here to chat with periodically, as well as the stream of customers and new quilts.

I did manage to get some work done, and have a productive day.

I finished my sister's quilt and got it trimmed and ready to go.

I can't remember the name of the panto, but it is lovely on this quilt.

The backing is a petite red dot on white. Perfect.

This quilt is a wonderful example of how a simple pattern (split 9 patch) can look beautiful with the right selection of fabrics.

Panto: Borneo. The panto mimics the flowers in the focus fabric very well. I used a King Tut variegated thread in the colors of the fabrics.

The pale lavender backing looks great with the quilting taking center stage.

Today, I will be taking a detour to quilt one of my own quilts after I do a 'hurry-up' baby quilt for a baby that came way early! Grandma started hand quilting the project, but baby arrived before she got very far with the quilting, and it was scrapped for machine quilting to get the quilt done and ready for baby! I will stop everything for these quilts, because I think every baby needs a quilt to cuddle with and remind them of Grandma or Mama every time they close their eyes to sleep.
Off to work!!



1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.