Saturday, August 15, 2020

Jasper, rain and work.

 After I finish writing this post I will be in the car going back to Jasper. I had a Jo Morton book picked up and in my fabric pile, but it didn't make it into my bag. I'm going back to rescue the book, and then return to the studio for another quilting work day. It won't be as nice a ride there because (for what seems like the one hundredth day in a row) it is raining. Thankfully, rain doesn't dampen my enthusiasm for quilting. ha ha...see what I did there? I think I'm going slightly crazy.

Yesterday, I quilted two quilts, rested my shoulder, and looked at loads of quilt books and magazines for my next project. At the end of the day, I cut out a simple Boxed Square quilt from a jelly roll I picked up on the first trip to Jasper. Something to work on while I mull over what to do next!

Another rail fence variation using pastel batiks and ombre fabrics. Simple, but beautiful.

I chose the Keepsake daisy panto for the quilting, keeping the Springlike vibe going. You can't tell from the picture, but the thread is a pale, blush pink.

Pink dots on the back.

The second quilt is this modern floral beauty made from panels of hydrangea. It is so minimalist, I thought a long time before choosing the quilting design.

Panto: Delicate Vines. 

I'm in love with this Parisian backing. I haven't seen it anywhere in my travels, or I would own serious yardage. It would be a perfect backing for my shabby chic quilt. The hunt is on!!

Boxed square quilt all cut and stacked, ready to sew. This will be a Christmasy quilt. I guess I have been inspired by all the Christmas quilts I have taken in lately!

Remember this quilt from last year? I gave it away to a little girl in the audience at my Elijay trunk show, and wish I could have found the Thicket fabrics to make another one. Well, over in Jasper, there was another set of animal pictures of woodland animals and support fabrics by the same artist! It is called Bramble. I bought a set, and will be making a similar quilt like this one...for ME! Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.