Friday, August 14, 2020

Another week has flown by

 I can't believe it is Friday again. With Covid isolation, I am constantly looking at the calendar in the studio to see what the day and date are. Time seems to pass in a Groundhog Day sameness. If only people would do the right thing and get us past this instead of dragging it on and on. Oh well, I pontificate...Let's move on to something happy. Quilting!

Yesterday was another busy one in the studio. I took in more quilts and returned only one. Millie was running the full eight hours, and thankfully, didn't throw a tantrum or break down. Here are the quilts I finished!

Here is the baby quilt that needed to be done ASAP. It didn't get it loaded until almost 11:00 because I had to  take it apart (it was basted for hand quilting), use the sticky roller to get the flecks of batting off it, and give it a good pressing. The extra work was worth it, because it looks much better now.

The customer chose Stacked Snailz for the panto, and wanted light blue thread. I used a variegated King Tut to give the quilting a bit of sparkle.

I spent another 20 minutes removing more batting flecks from the back  again after it was quilted! I think her batting was Warm and White. Whatever it was, it shed like crazy!!

The next project was this pretty split 9 patch. This pattern is so versatile with all the ways the blocks can be arranged after they are cut. I like the cascading pattern seen here.

Even though there is not a single butterfly in the fabrics, I chose the panto Butterflies because of all the wonderful florals the quilter used. The garden needed butterflies!

Equally pretty floral backing, too.

I snuck in my Nancy Drew quilt at the end of the day, and also sewed on the binding. Later, I finished the hand sewing while watching a cheesy Hallmark movie on TV. Covid quilt number 12 finished.

Panto: Woven Wind. I just wanted subtle texture on this quilt because it is so busy with things to look at. I used a mid-tone gray thread to blend well with all the different colors, too.


Hey! I even remembered to add the label!

During the day, I was able to get the final border on the log cabin quilt and prepare the backing. Hopefully, I will get it quilted on Sunday when I do some self indulgent quilting. I also spent an hour taking what seemed like a thousand safety pins out of a quilt a customer brought me yesterday. She was initially going to quilt it herself, but changed her mind. You'll see it later on when it reaches the front of the growing queue in the man cave. I counted 17 quilts to be done when I quit for the day. Plus the one repair. I certainly have something to do while waiting out the virus! How about you? I hope you all are indulging your creative passions while stuck at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.