Monday, August 17, 2020

Bedtime post

I have a zoom meeting in the morning, so I will tell you what happened in the studio tonight before I turn in. How exciting!

I started early and finished the log cabin quilting like I planned. I'm not too pleased with my new pattern. Some of the rows touched or even overlapped a bit, and some were 1/4 inch apart. I started right where the computer said to, so what went wrong? I believe I have mentioned before that I really don't like this machine... but I digress.

Here it is!

I admit it looks better quilted than as a flimsy, but still blah to me.
Binding tomorrow.

Those pesky fans...


Maybe I should have used patterned backing so we wouldn't notice the mistakes...
 I also finished the boxed square flimsy and made the back. It is on a hanger in the queue with the other 17 quilts

I'm hoping to get this to my friend's shop in Hiawassee to sell before Christmas.
Next, a funkalicious tee shirt quilt by the same quilter as the giant dahlia. Who'd a thunk it?! I L-O-V-E the colors and wild fabrics in this quilt. They make a tee shirt quilt really exciting rather than boring.

Wowie!! This is one of the most beautiful tee shirt quilts I have ever seen. Good job.

Panto: Jetty, in lavender thread

The backing is pieced from the same fabrics as the front.

When I was trying to clean up in the studio a bit, I came across some blocks I made with the four patch posy pattern; very similar to a stack and whack. I quilted one last week and that spurred me to get the blocks out and play with them on the design wall for a while. I settled on red sashing, and then gave it a spark with the turquoise cornerstones. They create a glow against the red, and bring out the colors in the blocks. I will cut some more tomorrow and see what happens.

I bought this fabric eons ago to make a quilt for my daughter who took her kids on Route 66 for a vacation trip. I'm sure they stopped at all the quirky attractions along the way and enjoyed the time together. I thought I'd make her a memory type quilt, but never finished it. Bad Grandma.

 
This is what I have so far


The fabric flopped as a stack and whack. Not enough diversity in the patterns, and also they were too far apart on the background. Too much tan. I'l get it going and finish it for my daughter while she can still remember the trip!! Ha!

It's time for bed. If you didn't watch Michelle Obama's speech, you should go to Youtube and look for it. Very poignant without being nasty in any way. She truly is a class act. No matter what your politics, the Obamas are a kind, loving, intelligent and concerned couple. There should be more people like them in America right now.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.