Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Not one phone call!!

My quilting day was a fun one. The phone was quiet, except for one hang up. Oh my! I checked it a couple of times to be sure we had dial tone, because we have had recent outages that affected our incoming calls. Nope. I guess everyone is home sewing...

Meanwhile, I finished the QOV by the same quilter as the dahlia and Tee shirt quilts. It feels good to have these combined orders done.

This looks complicated to me. It is very pretty, but I won't be trying my hand at this pattern. I'm such a wuss when it comes to making blocks with a lot of pieces.

I used one of my star patterns for the quilting

The backing is this rain-on-water looking pattern.

I spent some time cleaning in the studio, sweeping and vacuuming. I found evidence of mice in the room and that freaks me out! They picked at the batting roll and took bits off to pad their nests. I have a lot of batting here, and I can't have mice messing with it! One call to our pest control company, and they will be here on Friday to address the problem. Mr W visited Home Depot and got some traps to hide around the room (can't have Molly getting her nose whiskers snapped) until the guy comes. We'll see what happens.
Meanwhile, I did manage to get a bit of sewing done. I sewed the rows  together for the Route 66 quilt, and am almost ready to assemble them.

I also finished the binding on the log cabin quilt

The horizontal sashing rows are sewn, but it was after 6:00 and I needed to get the lasagna in the oven. (it was delicious!) I'll get them cut apart and pressed, and then it will be on to the assembly.

All the block rows are done and waiting.

It's time to go see if we caught any rodents! I know I sound like a mouse hater...I'm not. I just don't want them damaging hundreds of dollars worth of batting and fabrics. Mr W set a live trap, too, but I can't see the catch and release working...they will come right back. Nope, the mice need to go.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.