Friday, August 21, 2020

Success!! Upward and onward!

 Through pure willpower and perseverance, I finished the too-small-back quilt! Yippee!! Never give up, and don't let the bots win. The quilt is lovely and I am sure the customer will be thrilled to see it.

Here it is. Isn't it a beautiful quilt? When I called the maker, she apologized for the backing and will see her quilt today! I know she will love it.

Panto: Simple Curled Feathers

Ooh la la! I love feathers on a floral beauty like this.

Here is the beautiful backing fabric 

Okay...I have to show you what I am talking about. This is the untrimmed  top of the quilt from the back.




This is the top of the quilt from the front. See how close I got to the edge? The pins were just millimeters from the whirring needle. Once I got past this row, I hoped it would go okay.




When I approached the bottom, the pins rolled into view about an inch and a half from the bottom of the quilt top. Thankfully, the overshoot of the pattern just missed them!

Now, that's close, folks.

To get over the last quilt, I did this adorable baby quilt from a first time Grandma. She is so excited about the new baby coming next month in Florida. She is moving back to Florida (it's the state she's from) to be by the family, especially the new baby girl soon to join them. I love the story, and I love the quilt!

Whales! So cute, and just what the parents requested. The maker was happy to include some pink ones!

Panto: Ebb and Flow

The blue backing really shows off the quilting.

I had enough time to start another quilt in the afternoon. As usual, when it was 6:00, the quilt had one row to go! I'm sure it will be done quickly today.

Here is where I left it.

I cleaned up the studio in preparation for the mouse man, so there was a minimal amount of sewing accomplished. I started a new project featuring a panel I got on my hop to Jasper. I have seen this panel in other quilt shops, but I really liked what they did with it in the Jasper shop, so I bought it! I'm not too far along, but here is a taste of what's to come.

My favorite...half square triangles! 

My inspiration. Woodsy bear. I can't wait to get back to it!

Now, where is that mouse man?!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.