Thursday, September 3, 2020

Nothing doing...

 Well, I admit, I lost a whole day!! This Covid thing is really messing with my mind. All day yesterday, I thought it was Tuesday... I sort my pills and vitamins into one of those plastic day by day things, and when I went to bed, I saw the Tuesday pills were missing... Really? I took the Wednesday ones and thought I would have to replenish them today. Mr Wazoo just told me it was Thursday! Almost a whole week gone, and I have very little to show for it.

I had a meeting in the afternoon on Tuesday, and yesterday I ventured out to Cleveland, GA for a sale at the fabric shop. I needed backings and they had 30% off everything, so I took advantage of the bonanza of weird backing fabric for the 7 vintage quilts I have to finish for a customer. I also got backing for my BQ2 quilt and the Minick and Simpson whole cloth cheater. But I did waste half a day away from the studio.

The only thing I accomplished was the QOV. I also made some four patches for the borders on the camping wall hanging panel. That's it! Today, a friend from Florida is coming over to visit while they are camping here in town, so I will lose even more time galavanting around with her. My bad.

Anyhoo, here is the QOV and the camp project. I have to get ready for the day and get the studio straightened up a bit for friendly show and tell later.




This is a very nice, although too small, QOV. Because it is square, it doesn't meet the criteria for at least 60x70. It is 63 inches square. 

Panto: Meandering stars

Starry backing. I finished right at 6:00, so I need to get this trimmed before giving it to the binding person.

                                             
The sides are done, but I ran out of time for the other sides. If the checkerboard treatment doesn't come out even, I will add cornerstones. Fix on the fly!

Mr Wazoo got us a yummy piece of salmon for supper, as well as fresh sweet corn and new potato. Everything grilled and soooo good! We have enough left over for a re-heat tonight. 





3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, you need a break from all your work so you can come back with a new eye and freshness. Sounds like you had a good haul. Would love a trip like that. They still want us to make an appt to shop at a fabric store with a 45 min. limit. I can't shop like that- too much pressure. You will get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice to see you again! Thanks for a great afternoon with lunch and a visit to the quilt shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed our outing and hope to see you again next year! It seems all my quilting friends today are Lindas!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.