Sunday, September 6, 2020

Studio fun

 I spent a quiet day in the studio with the door open, enjoying the mild temperature outside. I had decided to have a fun weekend, working on some of the back-logged quilts of my own. They hang on the rack with the customer ones, and are neglected while I charge through the paying customer projects.

I made and applied the binding on the two small quilts, and have them upstairs for the hand sewing. I finished the sewing on the camp one, and have to do the class sample tonight.

My class sample

Panto: Falling Snow

Same focus fabric on the back

The cabin wall hanging

Panto: Forest trees

The backing is the cornerstone fabric.

Bindings on and ready for the hand sewing

I finished a couple of customer quilts, too. The tree skirt and a wonderful chain-type quilt.

I can't believe the customer is going to cut onto this wonderful quilt! She has made several of these for her family members, and says the cutting and binding are a bit scary but make the skirt useable.

Panto: Pointsettias and holly

Pretty snow backing.

I love this quilt! I studied it a while and think it looks fairly easy to make. 
The fabrics are from a wonderful collection. I figure it is a jelly roll.
Panto: Swirls and bubbles

Floral sheeting on the back

While digging around in my drawers for a jelly roll, I came across these vintage blocks I bought at the Legion hall in Paducah. They have antique quilts there on display, as well as vendors. The blocks are Jacob's Ladder in 1930s fabrics. I messed around with them on the design wall and decided an on point quilt would be the largest option for their use.

Here are the blocks, along with one I made in order to do this layout.

I chose a red print from my stash for the alternate blocks and setting triangles. I'm auctioning border fabrics, too. I may get the center part sewn today.

I bought a couple of new books in the last two weeks, and have enjoyed picking quilts to make in the future!

The shabby chic BQ2 quilt is on the machine, and half quilted. As soon as I finish this post, I will be quilting the last few rows. I'd better quilt blathering on and get to work!!










2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how much you can do in a day. Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda! I'm just trying to catch up!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.