Friday, November 20, 2020

A big finish!!

 The last of the embroidered quilts is done! I worked doggedly and finished up around five, with just enough time to get the binding on. Yippee!! Only two customers came today, so I got plenty of quilting done. The second mermaid is quilted, and the third of the same customer's four quilts is also done!

I have quilted another one just like this, so I changed it up a bit so I wouldn't get bored. It looks nice!

I did the blocks the same as the first one, but changed the sashing and border treatments.

Lots of fun quilting.

The back looks stunning, as usual. White back and puffy batting. Yum!

Second verse, same as the first! Same panel and blocks...

Same panto, Ebb and Flow, same thread, King Tut.

Wildly different back!! I'm loving those bright birds!!

Number three is a long way from the in-your-face colors of the mermaid quilts. The colors are lively, but much more peaceful and subtle.

Panto: Butterfly Swirl in King Tut variegated lavender thread.

The butterflies and flowers on the quilt inspired the pantograph decision.

This is the fourth, and last, quilt from this customer. She wants a low custom done on it because of the pictures. It is a Camelot type story with a princess, knight in shining armor, excalibur in the stone, faithful steed, and the fairytale castle. Hopefully, I will be done with this tomorrow.


Little miss fur pants was a bit naughty today. She pottied in her crate while Mr Wazoo took a shower and he had quite the clean up to tackle. I was in the studio and missed all the excitement. (whew!) Later, Mr W gave her an empty Popsicle box and she played with it and tossed it around  for a long time. It figures...her two favorite toys are the braided rope I made from tee shirt strips and a box. We had a zoom-zoom playtime tonight and I think we may get some sleep again. She is worn out.
Until tomorrow!

Penny didn't rip it at all, just growled, bit it and tossed it around.

What a nut!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.