Friday, November 20, 2020

Five hours!

 Our new puppy slept five hours last night! This probably won't be the norm, but it felt nice to have that stretch of uninterrupted shut eye.


I worked on the last of the embroidered quilts all day while Millie chugged along on a pantograph. The determination paid off, as I have finished 16 of the 20 blocks! I should be able to get the last four done today and get on with the sashing and borders. I would show you a picture, but they are stuck in my phone and won't transfer to the laptop.* Sigh* I upgraded the phone and now I am having all sorts of troubles...

Fortunately, I took pictures of the quilt on Millie before this all happened. It is a Laurel Burch panel of a mermaid, surrounded by beautiful, colorful, coordinating fabric  blocks. I am working on the second one just like this now. They are Christmas gifts for lucky Grandkids.

Don't you love the wonderful designs from Laurel Burch?

A watery panto, Ebb and Flow, enhances the piecing. I used a variegated King Tut thread.

The backing is this beautiful stripe.

I also quilted a lovely quilt that reminds me of the William Morris fabrics that were out in the last year or so. It isn't those fabrics, but patterns with small animals integrated in them. Such fun to see the tiny squirrels and owls hidden in plain sight! The customer requested a geometric quilting pattern, and I think I came through for her.

The quilt has a modern flair, but is made from more traditional fabrics. I love the color choices made here. Subtle and effective.

The panto is Bauhaus in a well matched green So Fine thread.

The back is primarily this gingerbread colored fabric.

On a recent trip to Home Depot, Mr Wazoo got something other than more flowers! He did get more flowers...but also some items to make us smile this holiday season. 

We will have this 'some assembly required' snowman stack in the yard next to the little pine tree from our first Christmas here in Georgia. I am a sucker for snowmen, and Mr W indulged my whim and brought these home. 

The other totally unnecessary thing is this minion. When you press a button on his foot, he sings Jingle Bells in minion language. It is hysterical. He bounces around and waves his arms, too. It's in my studio and I have played it many times already, laughing every time.

We also decided to get a small live Christmas tree this year instead of setting up the huge artificial  one we have. No kids or grandkids are coming, so we will decorate the little tree in it's pot and plant it in the yard after Christmas.

 What things have changed for you this year? I see where Bonnie Hunter is foregoing a turkey dinner for steaks on the grill. We'll be having a small turkey with all the trimmings because it is Mr W's favorite. Besides, I won't have to plan what to have for supper for a few days after Thanksgiving! It will be a turkey extravaganza here at Wazoo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.