Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Still tired...but happy!

There pace of quilting has slowed quite a bit while I try to get Penny acclimated to the studio and her routine. Stopping for walkies takes 30 minutes from my work, but it makes both of us better acquainted and happy. She's a great dog! So far, she has been responsive to training and calm with cuddling and handling. So far..

In the studio, when I let Penny out of the pen for some playtime, I throw the batting that's loaded on the machine up onto the quilt so she won't be enticed to chew it. She doesn't mind the machine noise, and sleeps through the music playing or the TV noise. 

I finished this quilt for a girl who loves dogs and sports. Her Grandma wanted a panto that was neutral of gender, but soft enough to lean toward a girl using the quilt. Okay...

A colorful quilt for an active girl

I chose the panto African Samba because it is softly geometric, but still edgy enough for this particular girl. I hope she likes it! The thread is Omni in a bright purple.

The backing is this wild dot fabric.

The last of the embroidered quilts is loaded and the quilting has started. I'm hoping I can get through it by the weekend and move on to the other custom projects I have waiting. I am really trying to eliminate doing custom for people, but have taken two more from people who mailed them to me from other states. I think the first of the new year, I will stop custom quilting altogether. We'll see.

Meanwhile, enjoy your daily Penny fix. I made a couple of pull toys, one from tee shirt strips and the other from some fleece scraps. I simply braided three strips together and knotted the ends. They don't fray, so she can't destroy them! Plus, they are free!

The little stinker got into my binding basket that I have next to the sewing table. I don't want binding all over the studio, or in her poo, so I came up with the braided rope idea.

Here she is with the fleece one. It is a good tug toy, too!

So much cuteness factor!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.