Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Getting in the swing

 We are getting the new routine organized and running with Penny the pup. She sleeps until 3:30 AM, I take her out...sleeps until 5:30 AM and Mr Wazoo gets up for the day and takes her out. That lets me have 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep before I have to get going for the day. When I come out from the bedroom, Penny and Mr W are watching TV in his chair and enjoying each other's company. She is well versed on current events and the weather, for sure!

Quilting has progressed slowly, trying to fit in walkies and play/training times. I'm getting things done, just not at my usual pace. I finished another repair, and have the last of the embroidered quilts half loaded and waiting. Meanwhile, I am working through the long queue of quilts on the rack, and taking even more in.Until puppy gets bigger, I fear I will be working at this slower pace. We'll see how it goes.

                                       

The man and the pup, bonding over morning TV

Finished with the custom job!

20 blocks, all quilted like this

A peek at the back

Binding on, ready to go home!

This customer came while I was taking my last BQ2 quilt off the machine. She liked the pattern, and I wrote it down for her. Voila! She made this fun Christmas version.

The focus fabric is retro, having that 1950s vibe. She asked for a panto to compliment it, and I used Modern trees.

Maybe you can see it better here. The thread is So Fine in lime green.

It shows nicely on the plain white backing.

One row to go (of course) at 6:00 on this quilt for a greaddaughter who loves sports and dogs.

Number eight ready to load. I have already done one like this, so I won't have to reinvent the wheel for the quilting.



I also finished this repair over the weekend.

I replaced all the rust colored fabric in this block.

The brown fabric with pink flowers and dots is the replacement. I was lucky that five pieces were good enough to leave! I sewed up the open places in seams and darned a couple of small holes in the backing.

The backing is mended, as well. Ready to go!



A student from my class sent me this photo of her finished quilt! She took the mitered border class after  my class, and used the stripe to test her skill. Very nicely done!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.