Sunday, January 3, 2021

Wow! Two posts i9n one day!

 Penny and I had a good day together in the studio. She sang along with my classical music, and I quilted a Quilt of Valor. She has never been as vocal as she was today. Barking and doing some primo plaintive crying. I had to keep her in the playpen for a while, at least until the batting was advanced enough off the floor to not be an attraction to my little land shark.

Boy, does she need a haircut!

I loaded up a QOV around 11:00 and finished quilting it by 3:00. There was enough time to get a good start on the next one, too. Mr Wazoo joined us in the studio to compute my state sales tax for 2020. Penny stopped crying and beautiful music filled the air. Even Millie was happy today!! Quilting went without a single problem.

This is a really handsome quilt for the maker's uncle.
I hope she gets to award it to him!

Panto: Ribbon Stars in light gold thread

Nice patriotic backing, too.

I knew as soon as I loaded the next top that this quilt would be a bit of a challenge.
Look at the top border. Ripples and flared corners. I was correct, taking an inch out of the center of the border with a faux seam. It laid down in submission, but I know the bottom (if not the sides, too) would also be rippled.

I quit at 5:45 to make supper with about half the quilt left to do. 
Tomorrow I'll finish it up and hopefully quilt another one.

When she is clam, it is amazing how sweet she can look. 
Looks are deceiving! She's a pistol most of the time.

I guess Christmas is over...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.