Sunday, May 9, 2021

Happy Mother's Day!

Mr Wazoo and his Mom

Me and my Mom

Mr Wazoo and I have lovely memories of our Moms, and hope you all who have lost your moms will remember them with fondness today.
 To all my friends who are Moms, have a wonderful Mother's Day. Mr Wazoo secretly ventured to the Mexican pot store and got another  wonderful coffee cup. He said it is for when he accidentally breaks mine. You see, every time I get a cup I really like, it gets broken while dish washing... It will take longer to break two. ha!


My colorful cup

The sewing of the "easy"  quilt is nearly done. The pieced top is all together, and the borders are to be determined. I have enough of the grunge from the BQ to add a small inner border, but couldn't decide on an outer border. It is a pretty good size already, so I may stop where it is.

While I was building the quilt on the new design wall (wow, is it nice to have!) I completely messed up the neat piles of components to get just the right bits in each row.

It progressed over a couple of days

Penny gave it the seal of approval.

The next day, I had it to this stage.

Then, it was done! It ended up only one row less than the pattern called for, and is still a hefty 54X66. A big couch size or a small twin. Borders would bring it to twin size, but I don't think I'll do that. We'll see.

Here, you can see the colors and some of the prints of the fabrics.
On to the next!

On Friday, I got a package delivered to me in Texas! My daughter sent a box full of beauty and joy for Mother's Day. 

Two dozen red roses and a bottle of wine. I had to wait for Nancy to bring a corkscrew to test the wine, so I will report on that later.

A dozen HUGE chocolate dipped strawberries!! (I tried one right away to be sure they weren't poison...wink, wink) My Dad (who loves dessert) chose the giant one in the left upper corner for his prize. He oohed and ached the entire time he was eating it. Mr Wazoo, Dad and I have each had two so far. We save them for dessert. Yummy berries and primo chocolate. A big thanks for a wonderful gift. 
I wish a Happy Mother's Day to my daughter and my daughter in law. I couldn't have a better family.


Happy Mother's Day from Penny and her pig.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.