Sunday, December 13, 2020

Odds and ends

 There has been some quilting going on, but I really needed to get some Christmas stuff taken care of. I took the day off from quilting yesterday and made cookies. There won't be anyone here for the holidays, so I am sending each kid a box of cookies along with their gifts. I usually make 15 or so varieties, but stopped after making nine kinds in one day! No cut outs or candies this year. I'll probably make some gingerbread cookies later.

The kitchen was a disastrous mess half way through the day, but I plowed on and got the work done.

The first couple of batches on the cooling racks

Mmmmm...Magic cookie bars, the kid's favorite.

The last batch of the day, Chocolate crinkles.

Everybody gets three bags of goodies

Bag number two for each kid (I call them kids, but they are all over 40...kids to me.)
The rum balls go in their own zip bag to keep the flavor from wafting onto the other cookies.
They all go to the post office tomorrow.

Today I quilted a lovely scrap quilt. My customer made it from pieces left over from all her projects. I love the mix  of all sorts of fabrics in a quilt. It was fun to quilt it while looking at the quirky mix of prints.

Isn't this a beauty?!

Look at all the fun fabrics

The customer chose the panto Curley Cue for her quilt.

The creamy backing shows the quilting well.

I had one of those five inch squares packs of Christmas fabrics, so I took an hour for myself and made a start on three table runners. I cut the squares in half and sewed them Chinese coin style. I found the birch trees and cardinals fabric in my stash and cut it lengthwise to get the strips for the center of the runners. The black strips set off the focal fabric well. Pretty nice project for just fooling around.

If I get them sewn together and quilted, I'll gift them to the postal lady, our trash pick-up guy, and my cleaning goddess.

On my cookie day, the kids all got on their phones and we had an ongoing conversation through texts. My phone was dinging all day! Pictures flew back and forth and we all had a good time. Here is a snapshot of our day.
Enjoy a bit of holiday cheer! Tomorrow starts the twelve days of Christmas!!

My oldest was doing Covid testing for the Army

My youngest was snowshoeing around Mt Hood. This picture is apres hike.

This is the view she sent me. It looks like a postcard.

Her twin sister was decorating Christmas trees at her home. This one is outside on the balcony...

This one is in her living room.


My son, his wife and my grandson were enjoying the new snow by building a snowman.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.