Thursday, December 17, 2020

On the third day of Christmas...

Yesterday afternoon, I joined the line of people waiting to vote. We braved the light rain and the cold wind to do our civic duty and vote in the run-off election. Too bad we still have to endure 20 more days of wall to wall political ads...

I was glad I wore my raincoat. Some people just put up with it.

 
I did the most boring job ever today. I need to make 32 placemats for a customer, and quilted rows and rows of the pattern Curley Q's onto white fabric! The back is a gray tone on tone, and there will be 21 of these. Then I will repeat the process on white with white backing for another 12 mats. The binding alone is 1749 inches long! I finished the quilting and cut the 21 gray/white mats. Hopefully, I will get them bound tomorrow while I quilt the next batch.

Quilting on white is boring and hard to see.

The gray fabric was 106 inches wide, so I quilted two pieces of white that were 64 x 42 in succession so I didn't have to load them twice. It worked well and I finished before I had to leave for my eye doctor appointment.

Today was the first time I left Penny out of her playpen in the studio. She ran around a lot but settled down and took a good nap in her furry bed under Big Gammill.

Penny likes to take her nap with a couple of friends.

After nap time, Mr Wazoo took this picture just before they went for their afternoon walkies.
Look at those huge feet! They are like soft furry mittens.

The first table runner gift is finished, and I will be doing the hand sewing on the second one tonight during my Christmas movie fix.


I like how it turned out and I'm glad I picked the red fabric for the binding instead of the black. Hand sewing black gets harder and harder as I age.

I can picture it on a table with a nice pine centerpiece on the birch tree part.

The panto is Falling Snow in off white Glide thread.

I had this fabric in the stash, too, so why not use it?!

I left for my 2:30 doctor's appointment at 2:10 and finally made it home at 5:45! My eyes are dilated and foggy, and I am tired from all the sit and wait. I struck up a conversation with the five other people in the waiting room after an hour of silent sitting, and we had a great time. Two of the ladies asked for my card when they found out what I do for a living. We talked about grandmas who hand quilted and crocheted for them as well as the losses they have had in their lives. The cards were for future tee shirt quilts they want made, and a couple of tops one lady got from Grandma that she would like quilted. Aside from our political views being polar opposites,( I didn't reveal my preference)  we had a wonderful chat about all sorts of things and parted one by one with Merry Christmas wishes. 


Today we have three Franch hens, two turtle doves and a partridge  in a pear tree!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.