Tuesday, December 15, 2020

On the second day of Christmas...

 Oh dear! Penny got me up at 3:30 AM to go out and poop. Then she wanted to run and play. Mr Wazoo was not amused, and the dog and I were relegated to the living room to her pen and my chair for the rest of the night. Fortunately, my chair is really comfy and I went back to sleep in a flash. Penny played and napped in her pen until Mr W came out in the morning.

Down in the studio, the quilting continued on the vintage rose of Sharon quilt, and it was finished by noon.  As a Merry Christmas for the customer, I made and applied the binding from 40's pink fabric from my stash. The quilt is beautiful. Later, when she picked it up, she told me she got it as a gift from a friend who found it at an antique shop. Not a family heirloom after all. The customer went ga-ga over the finished quilt and was very happy.

This is the kind of quilt I am always on the hunt for. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It looks like a kit quilt from the 30s or 40s.

The appliqué  is nicely done and all intact.
I chose to stay traditional with the quilting and chose Baptist fan for the pattern.

Soft, Kona muslin on the back.

Here is a look at the finished binding.

Today's walk with Penny took us on the deer path through our property. There are piles of leaves on both sides of the path for her to romp in and grab sticks to carry around. It was a beautiful day, but brrrrr...cold!

The deer trail goes through our land and over to the vacant land next to us. Deer use this like the super highway to the national forest land behind us. We see loads of them and Mr Wazoo gets irritated when they stop for a snack in his gardens.

Penny is camouflaged by the leaves. She loves to plow and roll in them.

The deer trail runs parallel to Mr Wazoo's path around his garden and the gravel path to the rock garden in the back yard.

Penny stopped to watch the birds fighting over seeds on the feeders. Later, she pooped and walked in it as well as sat on it. I gave her a bath and she had to sleep for an hour to recover. ha ha

I made the backing for the three table runners and loaded it up about 3:00 PM. I finished two of them by quitting time, and had (you guessed it) one row to go on the last one. I'll finish them up tomorrow. The binding was made during Penny's nap, so I am ready to get it on and have them done!

I made one big backing piece and quilted all three in a row rather than load them three times. One row left and it is back to customer projects.

Two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.