Monday, September 14, 2020

A little quilting...a little sewing

The spider came back and was on the screen door again, and Mr Wazoo commented on his persistence. Then he removed him again and took him over to his shed, where it is a good place for a web. I'm betting the spider will be on the door when I open up tomorrow!

 Once I trimmed the Jacob's ladder quilt and applied the  binding, I was ready for the day. I began by loading a nice, square, flat and well made quilt with a generously large back. Nirvana.

The quilt is centered around a beautiful panel of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park

The bears are so wonderful. I love it.

I struggled with the selection of a panto that would not distract from the panel, but create texture in the background. I settled on Dazzle, and a grayish green thread.

The backing looks fine with gray thread.

It took a couple of hours to finish cutting out all the pieces for the three cowboy quilts, and then, it was off to the races. The first pattern is called Pegs and I have made it a couple of times before. To connect the cowboy theme, I chose a bandana print for the peg parts. I think it made an interesting quilt that someone will like.

Here are the cowboy fabrics arranged on the design wall. I eventually eliminated the longhorn cow ones because their background color got lost when I added the background fabric.

Once I added the pegs and background, it started to come together.

The red border fabric sprinkled with cattle brands frames the thematic fabrics and ties the quilt together.
I'll get it quilted and probably try to sell it. It was fun to make, but I'm not thrilled with it. Plus, I still have a pile of cowboy fabrics!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.