Sunday, September 13, 2020

Wondering what to do next...

 So much fabric...so little time. That's where I am right now. There are so many quilts swirling in my brain and I can't seem to decide what to do next. I'll ponder that today while making the binding for the vintage string quilt I quilted yesterday.

All quilted, soft and cuddly.

Panto: Jetty. I did the design larger than usual to keep the quilt soft and avoid tucks in the slightly baggy blocks.

The sheeting on the back is soft and colorful. The binding is the same as the pink border.

I finished the John Deere quilt for a stubborn customer who insisted on bright variegated thread for the quilting. We talked about how it would look, and I just couldn't persuade her it was a terrible choice for the green and yellow quilt. As a newbie quilter, it was also suffering from unevenly sewed seams and lots of wonkiness. I'm happy the customer wants to make quilts, but I hope she gets better at the measuring and sewing part.

I straightened it up as much as possible, but the little quilt is still a bit wonky looking.

The thread is actually one of my favorite variegated selections, but is all wrong for this quilt. I don't ever intentionally make a quilt look bd, but this is bad. Panto: Farm Tractors, by request.

The backing is very thin fabric, and the bright thread is visible everywhere. The customer picked a light lavender thread for the back. Not at all what I would have chosen, but it is her quilt, so I followed her instructions. 

It rained a lot yesterday, so Mr Wazoo did some bookkeeping fort me as well as putting up a couple of different things on the walls is the studio. I will take pictures today of what new-old changes were made. We got Molly's ashes back yesterday, and she will be in the studio with me from now until I quit my job. I know I took a picture of her box on the shelf in the studio above my desk, but I guess my dead phone didn't record it. I'll try again.
Mr W received a couple of fun tee shirts from our daughter in Portland for his birthday, and yesterday he wore one of them. We all have the same warped sense of humor, so it is a perfect sentiment for him.

In case you can't make it out, it says, "I just wet my plants"

Rain, rain, rain...again. Today should bring only scattered showers, so I suspect he will be back outside where he is happy. Now, it's time for French toast!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.