Monday, September 14, 2020

Sunday, Fun-day

 The vintage strip quilt is finished, the binding is on and it is ready for the washer. Three down and four to go!

When I arrived to open the studio, there was a visitor on the screen door! Yikes!! I carefully entered the studio without disturbing the beast, and Mr Wazoo captured it in a can and released it in the woods. Turns out, it is a garden spider and rarely bites. It sure startled me.

From the outside

From the safety of the studio.

I said I would take pictures of the studio changes, and here they are.

Molly's ashes are in this pretty box. She will be in the studio with me every day.

The box is on the shelf above my desk. I also changed out the wall stuff for this antique phone dial we have had in the garage for a while.I think I may add the retro 5 digit phone number 
9-2066. Can you guess why?

On the other side of the studio, the monkey fairy has a new home over the pending quilts board. I need to update that, for sure! I like monkeys. My brother carved the loon over the door.

I quilted my Jacob's ladder quilt, but ran out of time to get it trimmed and binding applied. I'll do that today.

Looking good!

I used my Baptist fan panto for this quilt.

The back is pieced with this fabric and a red gingham.

I got out my dwindling stack of cowboy fabrics, determined to whittle it down some more by making three different quilts. I collected these fabrics for years while visiting Texas to see my family. I have made five or six medium to large quilts with cowboy themes, and I would like to get the rest of the fabric used up and gone. I'll take some pictures when I get it all cut. 
Time to go to work!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.