Saturday, September 19, 2020

Perfect weather and lots of quilting

 One of the Atlanta news stations (channel 11) has a weather gimmick called the Wizometer. They rank the weather with one being completely lousy to eleven, perfect! The next week has a 10 on the Wizometer for five days in a row!! Mr Wazoo is ecstatic. I see much yard work play in his future. I'm just happy to be able to open all the doors and windows!

Down in the studio, I had been very busy working on vintage top #4, getting it repaired and pressed. It only took an hour or so to re-sew the seams the wavered from 1/4 inch to 3/4 inch. Once I did that, I spray starched and pressed the whole top. I made the backing and started in quilting.


Here we are, ready to start pressing!


before the pressing, the blocks are a bit off and wrinkled.

A spray of starch and a good press tames the wonkiness.
Then I loaded it up and began the quilting.



Today started by finishing things left unfinished at quitting time the day before.
Vintage quilt number four was almost finished with the quilting.


I simply turned off the machine, put the needle down, and stopped in the middle of a row! It was time to quit.


I got to work and finished #4 and machine sewed the binding. I also finished sewing the cowboy #3 rows together, made the back  and got it ready for quilting.

All done, and very pretty!

Panto: Woven Wind

A peek at the back.


Cowboy quilt #3 ready for quilting.

Before I could do my quilts, I needed to do some customer work. This small quilt is so cute and whimsical! Gnomes are fun.
I don't know if they are shouting, "Timber" or selling timber...either way, they're adorable.

Panto: Snowfall

Pretty red backing shows the quilting nicely.

I quilted the Cowboy #2, and applied the binding. I'll be sewing it by hand since I only had enough fabric left to make 2 inch wide binding strips. Narrow binding, for sure!
All quilted!

Panto: Posh

I have had this backing forever. It is nice to finally use it.

Binding on and ready to sew.


I haven't shown you my deep dark secret...I keep supplies and the queue of quilts in the man cave (garage) next door to the studio. The cabinet has bins with repairs waiting to be done, and the packaged batting is stored on the rack. My Wazoo green bags hang at the end of the rack.

These are the quilts waiting their turn for quilting. It looks like a lot, but I have had it chock-a-block full at times. Usually the two months before Christmas! That's coming soon...


The nation lost a fair and honest judge yesterday.
Rest In Peace, Ruth Bader Ginsburg. 
Every woman's hero.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.